Basic Website Costs
For E-Commerce sites please visit the E-Commerce page
There are three basic costs involved when setting up a website:
- design and build fee
- domain name**
*Hosting is space you rent on the internet on which to put your web pages
**the domain name is the www.name.co.uk
Domain names are leased for up to two years at a time, you cannot buy a domain name. The cost of domain names varies from around £15 to £35 per year or two years depending on the extension to the name, for example .co.uk or .com, .net etc. Usually a .co.uk name costs around £15 for two years and a .com name costs £15 per year.
Hosting is charged according to the functionality you have ie databases, email accounts, installation of programming languages, bandwidth etc. For many websites the hosting cost is around £54 per annum.
- Initial consultation and web design advice
- Design and build of agreed number of web pages
- Design and drafting of graphics, banners and logos
- Set up of email accounts plus auto redirect
- Preparation of photographs
- Photoshoot if required
- Visitor counter plus stats report
- Basic search engine optimization
- Minor changes to web pages free within the first 30 days
- Code validation to ensure compliance with W3C standards of accessibility and usability
- Cross browser compatibility check
- Uploading of web site onto internet
A video produced for the five page website package can be up to 5 minutes in length, the content of which is subject to agreement in terms of the work involved. Longer videos on quotation.
- Registration of domain name and hosting.
An initial discussion is free and informal and is a useful opportunity to review your needs and help you decide which option is best for you. Please see my portfolio for examples.
NB: The complexity of designs and the work involved on each page varies, some pages may attract an additional cost. All costs to be discussed and agreed at initial consultation.